We want you to feel at home at Abbey Gardens - a place for you to relax in familiar, comfortable surroundings knowing you’ve got the best care and support whenever you need it
Meeting your care needs
At Abbey Gardens we take the time to understand you and your personal needs. We work closely with you and your family to develop a tailored care plan and let you choose your preferred doctor for check-ups and ongoing care.
Our wide range of care options allows us to offer ageing-in-place, meaning in most cases there is no need to move to another home if the level of your care changes at any time. We provide extra personal care to assist with everyday tasks such as showering, dressing and grooming and are supported by state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
Our skilled team are experienced in aged care, dementia and palliative care and work closely with a range of health professionals to deliver complete comprehensive care services and includes Doctors, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists and Dieticians.
At Abbey Gardens we offer the following allied health services:
- Speech therapy
- Palliative care
- Diversional therapy
- 'Pet’ therapy
Our Residential Care Manager is always available to talk to you and your family about any queries or issues relating to your day-to-day care and life at Abbey Gardens.
A lifestyle to suit you
When it comes to your day-to-day life, you can choose your preferred lifestyle. Some days you might wish to relax and quietly take in the views, and other days you might like to join an activity, skype in your bedroom or use the computer in the library. Abbey Gardens has something to suit everyone.
We have a great choice of living areas to suit your every mood - catch-up with friends, pamper yourself in the hair salon, have a coffee in the café (or beer in the bar) or stroll around the courtyard and admire the landscaped gardens. If you’re after some peace and quiet, take advantage of the smaller retreat in your bedroom wing, complete with tea/coffee making kitchenette, and enjoy the views of Warragul.
Our living areas offer:
- A safe, secure and inviting environment
- A range of relaxing and recreational areas - from small nooks to read a book, to larger areas for organised classes
- Air conditioning and heating throughout
- Wall mounted LCD TV screens in community areas
- Private dining room for meals with friends and family and special occasions
- Central courtyard area for dining, entertaining and relaxing
- Warming fireplace for cooler evenings
- Café and bar offering a range of drinks and snacks
- Library with computer and Internet access
- On-site hairdressing & beauty salon
- Kitchens and catering all on-site
- In house cinema
- Chapel and Spiritual area
- In-house laundry
- Parking for visitors
Life and wellbeing
Welcoming your guests
When you choose Abbey Gardens you’ve chosen home - and all homes need visitors! Whether it’s your son or daughter, old neighbour or busy grandchildren, having friends and family pop in for a visit is an important part of life. Your guests are welcome to enjoy a tea or coffee in the café, relax in the outdoor courtyard area, dine in the private dining room or visit your room for a more personal catch-up.
We believe involvement in social activities and local interests are great for boosting self-esteem and keeping you young at heart. We offer a wide range of social and cultural activities to suit all tastes. The activities program is run by our professional lifestyle team and includes morning and afternoon teas, group discussions, self-expression through music, visiting entertainers, gardening, exercise, therapies, cooking, crafts and even happy hours!
And of course – we celebrate all birthdays! (for those who wish to)
The little extras
For those looking for that little bit extra in life we offer a number of ‘additional services’, for example:
- A daily newspaper delivered to your room
- Fresh flowers delivered on a regular basis
- Meal choices in addition to those on offer in the dining room
- TV & Internet packages
- Assistance/transport to visit the shops, library, appointments
- Special outings
The fee for these services will depend on your personal preferences and are calculated on an individual basis. If there’s something else that will make life more comfortable for you, just ask one of the staff and we’ll see if it can be arranged.
You’re invited to sit down in the generous dining areas and enjoy our range of delicious and nutritious meals. Our carefully selected menus are created with dietician advice and cater for all tastes and desires.
All our catering is provided in-house, which means the Chef can cater specifically to your dietary needs. And when it comes to meal ideas, we’d love to hear from you! We invite all our residents to have a say in the variety of meal choices and cuisines on offer.
We believe enjoying a great meal is an important part of life, that’s why we welcome your friends and family to dine with you in our private dining room. It’s the perfect spot to catch up with old friends or maybe you’d like to celebrate a special occasion with close family. There is a small charge for visitor’s meals - just contact one of the staff to book in advance.
A typical menu at Abbey Gardens:
- Seasonal fruits with muesli
- Choices of Cereal
- Toast / crumpets with various toppings
- Fruit Juice, Tea or Coffee
- Fruit muffin, scone or piece of cake
- Roast Chicken & fresh vegetables
- A choice of meat or chicken salads or club sandwiches
- Crème Caramel
- Tea or coffee with a selection of cakes or slices
- Light Frittata or Quiche and salad
- Toasted sandwiches